I grew up in Florida, live in California at the beach how, and just love the coastal nautical look. I’m always looking for nautical DIY projects, and when I saw these easy and chic sisal rope placemats, I knew I had to give them a try! Take a look at this video.
These are so pretty on your table, you’ll think you just spent a fortune at Pottery Barn!
They look great with your most casual dishes and your most expensive china. Because they are neutral, they can be used with any tablecloth or combined with any table runner. And they couldn’t be any easier.
|Product Image||Product Name / Primary Rating||Primary Button|
Step By Step Instructions
- Start your coil. Place some hot glue right on the end of your rope, then fold the rope as tight as possible against the other rope to form a small circle. Hold for a few minutes until dry. TIP: Be careful, hot glue can burn! Make sure you hold the outer edge of the rope.
- Once the center point is secure, add a little hot glue to the outside of the sisal and continue your coil. Hold until dry. TIP: Make sure the glue is dry every time, otherwise the placemat could uncoil.
- Continue this process until you reach the size desired. Standard charger size is 13 inches but feel free to hold your plate up to the placemat to determine what works best for you.
- Make sure that you end where you start so that it’s even on all sides.
- Once you’re at the size that works best for you, take your scissors and cut the rope.
- Just use a little hot glue to secure the end, and you’re finished!
I can’t tell you how often I use these placemats, they just go perfectly with anything I choose to place on my table. And honestly, I’ve got a few messy eaters in the house. No problem! I make a few more to stock up.
Don’t hesitate, make yourself some fabulous placemats today!