I love to decorate my front door for each and every holiday, but as soon as the decorations come down, I can only see one thing…boring! And then I noticed something a neighbor had on her door which intrigued me. You see, she has a simple burlap wreath on her door, which she sometimes leaves just as is, and other times adds flowers or ribbons or other decorative items. Her front door always looks interesting.
I decided I had to have one too, and after doing some research, I discovered just how easy they are to make, as shown in this video.
|Product Image||Product Name / Primary Rating||Primary Button|
Step By Step Instructions
- With the wreath frame lying face up, take your burlap ribbon and pull it through the smallest ring and the ring next to it. Loop the burlap over the smallest ring and while holding the burlap together, flip the wreath frame over.
- Now using your glue gun, put a line of glue at the very bottom of the burlap ribbon and secure it around the small wring to the burlap above.
- Turn your wreath frame back over so that it is lying face up again.
- Push the burlap in a loop through the middle and upper rings, holding all of the loops in place.
- Push the loops over to the left, and while still holding in place, turn over the wreath frame, and twist your burlap ribbon a few times to secure in place.
- Move your ribbon next to the loops you’ve already made, and begin the steps again by pushing the burlap ribbon through the lower, middle and upper rings again.
- Repeat this process all around the wreath frame until the frame is covered completely.
- Cut the ribbon if needed.
- Secure the end of the ribbon by looping over the wire and using your glue gun again.
- Adjust your loops as needed. Have fun here! Messy is not a bad thing when it comes to burlap wreaths. You are now ready to attach any decorations if desired.
This wreath was so easy to make, and I love that I can decorate it in so many ways! My front door now looks dressed and polished for those times between the holidays. I just love the look of burlap too. If you’re looking for a simple and inexpensive way to dress up your door, you should definitely give this a try.